RE: [ga] Re: Temporary Suspension of Batch Delete Process

At the url:
http://www.icann.org/announcements/icann-pr10aug01.htm

It states in part:
ICANN's Domain Name Supporting Organization has already been advised of the
situation and has begun to discuss possible measures for handling expiring
names. Members of the community are urged to participate in the DNSO's
discussions, so that all viewpoints can be considered in developing measures
for fair allocation of expiring names.

Is this where the discussion is?  In my opinion, it looks more like VeriSign
Global Registry Services is calling all the shots under the pretense of it
being open for discussion.  A discussion would seem to involve some talk
about a response instead of just rehashing a previously sent email.

Danny made a good point.  Why not just sanction registrars abusing the
system?  For example, if you have some people breaking the speed limit in a
car, you pull them over and give them a ticket.  Seems like this is another
making of a mountain out of a mole hill.

Regards,

Greg Abrams
Consulting First, Inc.