Re: [ga] [Clarification] New TLD Evaluation Process Planning Task Force

Elisabeth and all assembly members,

  Thank you for this follow-up info.  Why was the DNSO GA not made
aware of this earlier?

  For the selection process and Stuat Lynn:

Why wasn't the DNSO GA and active participant in this process?
How was the selection made for these individuals?
Is there going ot be an open porcess/E-Mail list for debate and
discussion with this committee?

DNSO Secretariat wrote:

> Patrick Greenwell wrote:
> |
> | Perhaps we can all work together to fill in the gaps:
> | David Conrad - ISC(makers/packagers of BIND)
> | Geoff Huston - Telstra
> | YJ Park - Member of the Names Council (I believe the non-commercial
> | constituency, somone correct me if I am wrong)
> |

> The persons nominated by the Names Council after consultation
> with Constituencies are listed at:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc05/msg00683.html
>
>    Stuart, the NC would like to nominate the following 6 people
>    for the Board's TLD group. I've included e-mail addresses
>    for those who are not members of the NC.
>
>    Marilyn Cade/AT&T/US    business constituency
>    Sebastien Bachollet/CIGREF/Europe sebastien.bachollet@cigref.fr business constituency
>
>    Michael Heltzer/INTA/US mheltzer@inta.org IP constituency
>
>    YJ Park/Asia Pacific non commercial constituency
>    Vany Martinez/Central America non commercial constituency
>
>    Jaap Akkerhuis, jaap@sidn.nl Europe ccTLD constituency
>
>    Philip Sheppard
>    NC Chair
>
> FYI, the New TLD Evaluation Process Planning Task Force document is
> at http://www.icann.org/committees/ntepptf/
>
>    ICANN's President, M. Stuart Lynn, consulted with the DNSO
>    Names Council, PSO Protocol Council, and the chairs of the
>    Internet Engineering Task Force, the Internet Architecture Board,
>    and the ICANN Root Server System Advisory Committee to locate
>    a diverse and knowledgeable group of members for the New TLD
>    Evaluation Process Planning Task Force. The following individuals
>    who have graciously agreed to serve on the Task Force,
>    in addition to Dr. Lynn as chair:
>
>    Jaap Akkerhui
>    Sebastien Bachollet
>    Marilyn S Cade
>    David R. Conrad
>    Michael Heltzer
>    Geoff Huston
>    Roberto Laorden
>    Vany Martinez
>    YJ Park
>
> DNSO Secretariat

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827