Re: [ga] Science.info/afilias update

Russ and all assembly members,

  Mr. Palage has been quite silent for some months now on this and other
forums.  Perhaps now we have our answer as to why!  >;)  My opinion
as well as every single one of our legal staff's, is that Mr. Palage
is a shyster lawyer of the highest order....

admin wrote:

> It looks like the person who is claiming an "error" in the registration of
> science.info manages a company called Corporate Domains AND is also an
> Afilias official.  He is not only an Afilias official, he also seems to be
> involved with correcting the errors and he has given talks to trademark
> attorneys about registering during the sunrise period.
>
> The Science.info "error" has not been fixed and the Afilias attorney Palage
> has not responded to inquiries about when this "error" will be fixed or what
> other domains were involved.
>
> Russ Smith
>
> ==
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6807825.html
>
> Reseller Corporate Domains mixed up a batch of trademark applications with
> regular applications, Palage said, a fact later confirmed by Corporate
> Domains Vice President John Kane.
>
> The company erroneously sent approximately 50 applications to Afilias,
> including DuPont's "science.info" application, that should have been
> reserved for the regular "land rush" in September, Kane said.
>
> ==
> http://www.internetnews.com/isp-news/article/0,,8_758841,00.html
>
> "This is just to kick out registrants who don't have legitimate right. We're
> not trying to give trademark holders the carte blanche to register any
> domain name. We're just giving them the rights to register their exact
> mark," explained John Kane, marketing task force leader at Afilias.
>
> ==
>
> http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/business/2000/12/14domain.html
>
> Like the 1889 land dash, Web designers are waiting for next year's signal so
> they can register new domain names. And in the same fashion Oklahoma was
> settled, people already are trying to register the electronic addresses
> before the official date.
>
> "It's going to be the wild, wild West," said John Kane, general manager of
> Corporate Domains, Inc., a Greenville Web design company.
>
> ==
>
> http://www.afilias.info/press-room/releases/INTA-Media-Alertv2.html
>
>  Panel discussion: “ICANN & Trademark Protection in the New gTLDs”
>
>                    John Kane - Afilias spokesperson
>
> ==
> http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,39455,00.html
>
> "First, there's going to be a sunrise period that will last 60 days in which
> trademark holders can register domains," said John Kane, Afilias spokesman.
>
> ==
> http://www.sedo.nl/links/showhtml.php3?Id=245&language=nl
>
> Afilias spokesperson John Kane said ... that the company expects over
> 500,000 trademark and copyright holders to register dot-info addresses
> during the sunrise period.
>
> ==
> http://www.afilias.info/press-room/releases/afilias-media-alert-melbourne.ht
> ml
>
> “As we approach the launch of .info, we get closer to meeting the need for a
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827