Re: [ga] FW: ICANN meeting in Montevideo

Joanna and all assembly members,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> on 8/24/01 9:35 PM, Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales at vany@sdnp.org.pa wrote:
>
> > Jefsey:
> >
> > Let  me tell you that SOs are an structures within ICANN, not contractors of
> > ICANN.
> > None SO is independent neither external from ICANN.
> >
> > Contractors are external entities.  The SOs are part of the internal structure
> > of ICANN.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Vany
>
> Hello Vany,
>
> If DNSO is internal to ICANN, then it is ICANN's responsibility to fund it,
> and no SO should be expected to fund itself externally. Isn't that Jefsey's
> point?

  Yes I believe this was PART of Jefsey's point.  Indeed the DNSO is
part of ICANN. In fact it is an SO.  But the GA is the "Assembly" of the DNSO.
It should fund itself if the ICANN BoD and staff is not going to, which it
looks like it isn't going to do....

> Regards,
>
> Joanna
>
> The URLs for Best Practices: DNSO Citation:
> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
> (Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
> Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA")
> Part I:
> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
> Part II:
> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
> (Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
> Reader, which is available for free down load at
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827