Re: [ga] ICANN | Advisory | 23 August 2001

Roeland Meyer wrote:

> Apologize to all dial-up users if they feel that they have been disparaged.
> Kent and Vany have valid points. Even many USA residents are still forced to
> settle for dial-up lines. There are technical means to work around that
> problem that many cannot avail themselves of (like having your own mail
> server behind that dail-up link). I sometimes forget that not all of us here
> are engineers and Unix jocks. My apologies to all, for that lapse.

Excellent, Roeland!  Not everyone here is an ICANN expert, either, and
I've always tried to push the idea that the GA is really a cross-section of
all kinds of folks, some "Unix jocks," some attorneys, some whatever,
all of whom have things of value to contribute, which they can do more
readily if it is remembered that those whom they address may or may not
be members of that person's own particular field of work. (To help show
what all this ga list blather is all about anyway, I've added a couple more
links to my sig file, kindly supplied by Elisabeth Porteneuve.)

(I'm a trapped dial-in user: the Roads End region of Lincoln City, OR,
on Sprint lines, has no DSL capability. :-(  )

Bill Lovell

--

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA")
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
General voting rules for  GA mailing lists and the GA itself:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-roo-vote.html
Statistics on GA list participation:
http://www.dnso.org/statistics/dnsostatistics.html
(automaticaly calculated each Sunday morning)
Almost everything about the General Assembly:
ttp://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html