Re: [ga] ICANN | Advisory | 23 August 2001

Dear fellow netizens,

I just finished a fine tour of SouthEast Asia.  It just so happens I am in the biz
so I frequented Internet Cafes.  The extra stuff really hurt on time and actually
prohibited some reading.  On this list it is fairly easy; you pick the last in a
thread and get it all so you can avoid reading the full chronology, but that ends
up in 30 and the networks sometimes don't seem to have the umph necessary to bring
it up.

And so I said to myself while drinking coffee and waiting and watching, How many
members do not participate because they are on weak dial ups?  The answer is many,
many many!!  But that is a no brainer, Monday I start negotiations to bring those
places more of the umph.

We must grapple with this question always: Do we change our behavior because
technology lags behind, or do we continue on and force technology and money to
solve the problems?  I cannot write it but I have learned in four other languages
to ask "what came first the chicken or the egg?"  As a poly-wog I say we keep
pressing the envelope and my techno-weenies will beat us to the solution.  What
the hell is multilingualism if it is not bridging the digital divide.

In conclusion I guess I throw my hat in and say; *cut the tail off the comet, if
you have a light it will shine just as bright without displaying a legacy*

Eric