[ga] Who owns ICANN?

Dear Dotcommoners,

I include in the address 3 members of our Internation 3rd estate of the
press.  I include a NC leader.  I include our GA chair. And I include
your ICANN board.

This question is becoming tedious due to the lack of conviction in any
response.  As Mr. Froomkin just celebrated a milestone on his news site
I take this opportunity to remind all of the self proclaimed reporters
that they have an obligation that follows their right to report.  That
obligation requires an honest effort to fetter out truth and report
accordingly.  Why have you not reported who owns ICANN.  My U.S.
government has a contract to expend my tax dollars and my American
resources upon a company of which no one will state who owns it.  This
is akin to the great OZ and presided by like the great tea party.

Perhaps Mr. Bruce James or Mike Roberts would enlighten us?

Perhaps Mr. Smiley or Mr. Lynn or Mr. Touton, certainly the California
Secretary of State who has Jurisdiction over this great corporation
cannot enlighten us as they have no current knowledge.

I think that Mr. Gomes would not suggest entering a Multi-billion dollar
corporation into a contract with ICANN lest he knew the ownership.  I
think Jones and Day must know who owns ICANN.

I wonder who dotBIZ and dotINFO actually have a contract with?  What IRS
official is monitoring billions of dollars floating by through the
watchful eye of ICANN which has no public ownership?

Always question authority and if they have no answer their only
authority comes from the end of a billy club.

Sincerely,

Eric