Re[2]: [ga] Motion for new moderators and some leadership from the Chair

Monday, Monday, August 27, 2001, 1:22:33 AM, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> William X Walsh wrote:

>> I ask the chair to set all our moderators aside, and to appoint 2
>> new ones, who are directed by the chair to make decisions
>> independently, and not by committee.
>>
>> The current situation has led to a complete stagnation of the rules
>> process, and those who violate the rules are getting away with SEVERAL
>> violations while the moderators site around trying to agree.

> What William means to say is that he can't get anyone suspended with his
> constant complaints to ga-abuse, so we better change moderators to suit his
> disposition.

I'd be happy if the complaints were simply dealt with, regardless of
the disposition, Sotiris.  The problem is that they are not being
dealt with at all.

Or do you support the kind of anarchist madness that would result
without rules of civil discourse?  What is your motive for not wanting
an orderly enforcement of the rules?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>