RE: [ga] GA/DNSO Funding Issues

On 11:42 27/08/01, Dassa said:
>We think differently on this aspect and I know a lot of other people agree
>with you.  Perhaps it is a personality trait of mine that does not see the
>need for such meetings in a group like ICANN

I agree with you. I would even say that the F2F meetings and conference
calls should only be private in preparation of online confronted meetings.
This is what happens in a Parlmiament with public debates. Our system is
only that public debates are on-line.

Remark: time difference is not a problem, on-line debates are async. It
gives a lot of time to think. The most interesting feature we discussed and
started implementing at the WG-R is the position link. People present their
positions on a page and try to reduce the differences. Everyone may see and
participate. They work on real stuff towards a consensus: that they agree
under certain terms or that they disagree and can report a clear
presentation of their disagreements.

Jefsey