Re: [ga] Re: GA/DNSO Funding

Rick -

This issue has been debated at length by the Board and executive
staff.  The original CTO job was created by Jon for himself.   If he
had lived, the relationship between the reservoir of technical smarts
inside ICANN versus that resident in the PSO and its constituent
organizations would have been quite different.

I think the Board and Stuart Lynn have an open mind about the future.
There are those who prefer that ICANN defer to the PSO in technical
areas, and there are others who feel that it should have a senior
person.  At the present time, there is an opening for a senior
systems manager that is under recruitment.  In another organization,
it might be called CTO.  In ICANN, given the past, no one wants to
seem to be putting on airs.

- Mike