Re: [ga] Status of the Review Task Force

On 28 Aug 2001, at 17:09, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Hi.

<snip>

 Why argue on the criteria
> for the creation of a Constituency within this DNSO when the
> alternative can be a role in a different SO?
>
> I think that this should be a central point in the next days,
> pre-Montevideo. What do GA members think? Does the idea of an ALSO
> obsolesce the request for an IDNH Constituency?

Absolutely NOT, Roberto.  The IDNHC is a critical component of
the DNSO, while the at-large is an all-encompassing group that
includes all users of the internet and those concerned with all
aspects, not just domain names.

In the domain names arena, the individuals are the ones totally
unrepresented - have no voice and no meaningful input.  I sincerely
hope you will not further pervert the intent of the white paper by
supporting the notion that the at-large become a part of the DNSO
and leave the other critically important aspects of ICANN with no
representation from the greater community.

They are, in fact, two very separate bodies.

Leah