Re: [ga] Status of the Review Task Force

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:53:17 -0700, "Mark C . Langston"
<mark@bitshift.org> wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 05:09:37PM +0000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
>> pre-Montevideo. What do GA members think? Does the idea of an ALSO obsolesce
>> the request for an IDNH Constituency?
>
>No.  The existence (or not) of an SO in no way changes the necessity
>for individual domain name holders to have a voice within the DNSO
>formal structure.

I agree.  Under ICANN bylaws gTLD policy comes from the DNSO and
individual registrants are a 100% legitimate interest there.

Obviously we should look at the proposed role and function of an at
large SO to prevent overlap but in no way should we say there is now
no need for individual registrants to be represented within the DNSO
because of this.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com