Re: [ga] Re: GA/DNSO Funding (fwd)

Mike and all assembly members,

Mike Roberts wrote:

>  From the 01-02 budget document.  There are several unfilled positions
> not currently posted because of financial or other considerations.
>
> "(b) Budgeted but currently vacant
> Technical Systems Manager (vacant)
> Policy Analyst/Manager (vacant)
> ccTLD Administrative Assistant (vacant)
> Webmaster (30% - see below; vacant)"

  Yes.  It seems to me that the priorities for hiring are completely
backwards.  A policy analyst is budgeted for, and grossly under budgeted,
I might add, and yet these other listed openings are not!?  I find that
skewed budget decision that needs serious revising.

Excerpt:
"US$40,000-US$80,000, depending on experience and qualifications. ICANN
offers a competitive benefits package, including a retirement savings plan
and also employer-paid medical, dental, vision,    disability and life
insurance. ICANN's office environment is friendly and casual. Work hours
are flexible and new employees receive three weeks of paid vacation per
year."

  Now anyone that has been in the policy game for any time is going ot
take
this position at this level of compensation!  So the only conclusion I can

arrive at it that either the funding is going other places and therefore a

poor compensation allowance for this position (See above excerpt),
is provided, or this is a "Trainee" Policy Analyst position in reality!

> At 9:55 -0400 8/28/01, Judith Oppenheimer wrote:
> >http://www.icann.org/general/jobs.htm
> >Page Updated 21-Aug-2001
> >
> >CURRENT STAFF OPPORTUNITIES:
> >
> >Policy Analyst
> >
> >solely.
> >
> >Judith Oppenheimer

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827