Re: [ga] Position Statement

Roberto and all assembly members,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Eric Dierker wrote:
>

> >I like this Roberto,
> >
> >You have something here but it is all wrong.
>
> Oh, good. For a moment I was afraid that you agreed.
>
> ;>)
>

> >As any negotiator knows a contract of Memorandum of Understanding is
> >exactly a
> >consensus of two or more parties.
>
> I was not talking about the MoU, but about the White Paper
> (http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/6_5_98dns.htm), issued largely
> *before* the birth of ICANN.
> Youy may notice that the document does not title "agreement", but "Statement
> of Policy".

  Right!  And that "Statement of Policy" was determined by a consensus
of those participating than, many of which are not participating actively
now for various reasons.  So you just argued yourself into a circle
again Roberto....

> <wrong consequence of wrong premise snipped>
>
> >But I get where you are going here;  You and staff and some task forces are
> >going to call into question the green & white papers and the MoU and then
> >you
> >can redefine internet user all the way to just you and them.
>
> I am not calling into question anything, I agree on the fact that the White
> Paper is *the* authoritative source that we have to refer to.
> But I also have to point out that it is not a "consensus" document, is a
> unilateral document produced by the owner of the boat, with some degree of
> consultation, but scarce acknoledgement of the large criticism on the
> previous document (the Green Paper).

  I am afraid that again you have it wrong Roberto.  The White Paper
was the consensus as a compromise to the Green Paper.

> But we have to live with that.

Yes we do.  And you should not forget that.

> >Do not rewrite documented history, a contract and/or MoU is a consensus in
> >its
> >truest form. (that is unless it is obtained by collusion, adhesion or
> >fraud; hm
> >any gtld contracts come to mind)
>
> It is you (and others) who try to rewrite history trying to invent a
> "consensus" on the White Paper that was never expressed.

  Wrong here again Roberto.  (See above comments and archives
of those Forums than in progress).

> (Hint: go read the archives of the discussions back then)

  Yeah I did!  It seems you did not.  It also seems you did not
actively participate either at the time...

> Regards
> Roberto

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827