Re: [ga] Registrars Draft: Transfers

> This is true. But it is not symbolic for us : owner name can NOT be
changed
> online by any contact of the domain. This makes sure that in case of
> disputes, the owner stay exactly the same.
>
> If the owner comes to us asking
> to change the contacts of *its* domain name (dispute with its hosting
> company, etc...), we change them.
>
> Experience has shown that cases like that happen.
>
> With some other Registrars owner name can be changed online by any
> contact in 2 minutes. This make the notion of ``ownership'' a little
> blurry in our eyes, and that is why we do not do it.

Something I've always wanted to ask - how can Gandi confer ownership when in
fact, it is not yours to confer? What I mean is, ICANN and the registries
deal with "Registered Name Holders" and not "owners" - what does Gandi do
that allows them to confer ownership of the domain upon the registrant?

Note: This is not a loaded question, rather, just an honest one.

-rwr