Re: [ga] Net security's a losing battle

> I have no argument with the concepts. I just think the ICANN board meeting
is
> simply an inappropriate forum to discuss the issues.  I would think IETF
risks
> being a waaaaaaay better place. The net has existed for years with its
'dirty
> little secrets' surving on the basis that those with sufficient knowledge
could
> do damage in one way or another (like kashpuref did) but chose not to out
of
> some form or reverence or spirit of cooperation.

Dan,

Did you know that if NSI-Registrar was put out of business in a permanent,
WTC sense (god forbid), that there are currently no defined process for
recreating the service records for some 16 million or so registrants? I'd
say that fact alone makes ICANN an appropriate forum to discuss the issue.
We might not be able to wrap our arms around a lot of topics, but the ones
that we can are fairly important.

Thanks,

-rwr

Tucows Inc.