[ga] Use of ccTLDs as generics?

Dear Vany,

You had indicated that you will be speaking on "Use of ccTLDs as generics"
(item #10) in the upcoming Names Council teleconference, but it now appears
that you have changed the focus of your speech and wish to devote ten minutes
to attacking New.net.  Why?

Vany wrote:  "Also I want to clarify the following point:

> 10. Use of ccTLDs as generics - Vany
"The issue that I wanted to deal about was about companies that are offering
domains under TLDs not created by ICANN, using a technolgy that allows them
to masquerade existing domains to resolve domains under such TLDs.  I think
that the NC should say a word in this issue because all DNS sectors
represented in DNSO are affected.  And if even this is not under the power of
ICANN to stop it, well, then at least that make that ICANN publicly make an
statement about it with recommendations to the pertaining bodies that can
deal about such activity better.  To be sincere, personally, I think is a
fraud simply because the day that ICANN decides to grant the registry of a
new TLD to a company different from the one that has being offering such
TLD...the ones who registered domains names under such TLD simply loose the
domain and probably the money.  I think this is a subject very different from
use ccTLDs as generics, or lets say, better: marketing ccTLDs as generics.
This was the concern of the .BIZ Registry in Montevideo."
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00311.html

"The concern I am pointing out and that was the one I told you in Montevideo
and in an e-mail I wrote months before Montevideo is totally different:  It
is about companies marketings TLDs as .TRAVEL,
.LOVE, .GAME, .VIAJES, .AMOR, .KIDS, etc, etc, etc....and technically
resolving such TLDs by
masquerading with existent TLDs.  And as you may realized, none of such TLDs
has being created,
recognized neither asigned by ICANN!!!.  I hope this clarifies better than
before."  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-intake/Arc00/msg00313.html