Re: [ga] Re: NC Structure TF

Dear Mr. Chair,

May I be so bold as to suggest a little structure of the GAs own. (I note our
current members who are on these different TFs or WGs and thank them for their
updates to this GA.)

Perhaps when you place a member from this group you also could appoint our own
mimicking TF.  Give it a home on the sub-lists.  Informally we would restrict
participation in the sublist to our TF for that purpose.  However GA members
would be encouraged to observe those sublists and bring to the GA list anything
they felt of consequence.  Of course whoever you placed on the outside TF would
be the chair of our TF and could also run the list as they felt right.

For instance I would love to see a GA Structure TF that included Kent, Jeff,
Dassa and Joanna and with that any one of them would be a great rep on the
outside TF. Make the task forces 4 so that the chair or alt chair can be a
deciding consensus vote on matters of import.

Of course an active Alt-Chair could be the Pro Tem of all of the groups and help
to resolve administrative problems as they may occur.

I believe this program would greatly help not only in terms of participation and
credibility, but also be of great guidance to the outside TFs.  Also with
balanced grouping the GA TFs could actually vote and claim a representative
consensus that would be helpful to all of ICANN.

I also believe that in this way the sublists could be utilized in a manner to
enhance productivity and cohesiveness of the GA rather than detract from those
lofty goals.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Eric