[ga] Future of an at large bottom up consensus input from the commmunity(Re: [ga] Re: Resignation of Alternate Chair)

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, at 15:12 [=GMT-0400], DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Instead there are opportunities for individuals to finally be
> well-represented in the ICANN process.  It is time to assist the ALSC in the
> formulation of their recommendations and to offer our support.  We have until
> Oct. 26 to provide further input.
>
> I encourage all of you that believe in the worth of building consensus to
> attempt to do so in an environment that will be more conducive to producing
> results.  An individuals' SO with nine Board seats

Did they not say 6? Or have I not paid attention recently? Anyway, 9
is what we want of course, following what was promised to us in the
withe paper.

> is certainly the most
> direct path to actualizing such goals.   We have a way out of this morass --
> let's work to see that such an SO becomes a reality, and that the Council is
> finally placed in the trashbin of history.

The ALSC idea is domain name holders as voters/members. I see how this
is a practical idea (though not the way they suggest, last time I
looked at their report), and is better than nothing. Still, not all
users are domain name holders. Are we giving up on them now?