[ga] Alt.Chair Replacement

Dear members,

We have received the following query from the Names Council:

Danny,
following the resignation of the alt chair, what action do you propose
taking? Will you be holding new elections or looking at the previous election
for the next person on the list?

Philip Sheppard
NC Chair

As the General Assembly's rules do not offer sufficient guidance in this
area, it is appropriate that the membership discuss this matter.  In essence,
do we promote Eric Dierker to the position of Alt. Chair, or do we convene
new elections?  Is there justification for the Chair to appoint a temporary
Alt. Chair until the elections are held (if we decide that elections are
warranted?)  Let me know your thoughts so that we can move forward
accordingly.  Thank you.