Re: [ga] Alt.Chair Replacement

> As the General Assembly's rules do not offer sufficient guidance in this
> area, it is appropriate that the membership discuss this matter.  In essence,
> do we promote Eric Dierker to the position of Alt. Chair, or do we convene
> new elections?  Is there justification for the Chair to appoint a temporary
> Alt. Chair until the elections are held (if we decide that elections are
> warranted?)  Let me know your thoughts so that we can move forward
> accordingly.  Thank you.

I've never been a fan of just taking the closest runner-up as the dynamics of
who stood and did not stand were influenced by the other candidates.

When does the term of the Chair and Alt end?  If it is within three months I
would say we can survive without one.

I have no problem with the Chair appointing a replacement Alt Chair (like with
US politics) as I do beleive compatibility is important.

DPF