FW: [ga] Alt.Chair Replacement

  • To: ga ml <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: FW: [ga] Alt.Chair Replacement
  • From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:34:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga-full@dnso.org

copy to ga list previously ommitted in error.

----------
From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:53:21 -0400
To: Roeland Meyer <rmeyer@mhsc.com>, <weinberg@mail.msen.com>
Subject: Re: [ga] Alt.Chair Replacement

on 10/16/01 1:41 PM, Roeland Meyer at rmeyer@mhsc.com wrote:

> The real problem is that the few rules that we have, don't include rules for
> succession.

We don't need them, in the same way, we resolved difficulties when Jon
Weinberg withdrew from the last election half way through.

Jon,
With the greatest respect, I am surprised that you have been so quick to
volunteer a person for extra work that you, yourself, have only recently
been unwilling to take on. "Bumbling along" without an Alt Chair imposes
extra burdens on the Chair unfairly, which after all is a volunteer
position. Added to that, no ICANN official should be indispensible. For
reasons of stability, there should be two GA Chairs at all times, and
obviously, the simplest way forward would be to invite volunteers and for
the Chair to chose a "running mate" with talents and skills in areas where
he, himself, feels he could be stronger.

I certainly hope William Walsh applies.

Regards,
Joanna