Re: [ga] Alt.Chair Replacement

Tail and other matters snipped

Jeff Williams wrote:

> Jonathan and all assembly members,
>
>   As we all surely know, the Alt-Chair is a position that normally
> is a stand in for the Chair in times of absence of the Chair or
> if the Chair is temporarily unable to preside.

I believe that is exactly what is happening here on a regular basis.  Because of
the over work required in the external affairs our chair is "unable to preside"
over internal affairs as he would like to.  I think setting up quick elections may
be a case in point.  I know that just getting our input into at large issues and
the like requires much effort to get into the schedule for MDR, especially during
this security situation. Keeping us informed of board actions seems almost a full
time job as it is.

OTOH maybe our Chair just ran this by us because he had extra time on his hands and
thought it would be fun;>}

Happily,
Eric

ps. of course I think all these positions should be funded, and two working chairs
may help get that done sooner than later.