Re: [ga] IDNO -- JDNO -- SCHMIDNO.

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Andy Gardner wrote:

> At 8:45 PM -0700 13/10/01, William S. Lovell wrote:
> >PacificRoot Hostmaster wrote:

> >>ignored.

> >> Again.....
> >>
> >>         DUH !!!!
> >>
> >> Come on people! Wakey Wakey here!
> >>

> >I just love it when a response has nothing but cute phrases in
> >it, with no attempt whatever to address the issue.
>
> I just love it when someone who's relatively new to the scene doesn't
> recognise the warnings from someone else who was passionate about the
> matter over two years ago (and tried to address the issues), but grew to
> realise that it was all a complete sham and that the end result was a prior
> decision and that time spent trying to fight those REALLY in control of
> ICANN would be time wasted.

Bill,

No offense to you, really. Everyone undertands that you attempted to play
one of the most impartial parts in the history of JDNO. Your quest to
affect change via the GA is however, unbeknownst to you, futile :(

You have a good legal mind and could really be helpful in other arenas of
this industry where your insight and expertise would not be completely
wasted as is occuring here on this list. I urge you to consider working
with those groups which foster positive, forward-moving, result oriented
tasks that can have a real effect. You would be surprised how many people
admire your potential already.

For those others who are not familiar with Andy Gardner (one of the 'good
guys'), let's just suffice it to say that were it not for him there may
very well have never been an IDNO.ORG, for it was his money that
registered the domain in the first place.

One indicator that members of this list can use (and there are many
methods) to determine when ICANN decides to put the brakes on the
proceedings here is when they send in a paid confidence man like Dave
Crocker (who has even referenced his own name on this list with that of
"Agent Provocateur"). ICANN doesn't like it when the members of this list
approach consensus.

Well, I'm going to take a break for a spell. Those who need to get ahold
of me know where they can reach me :) [crispy-crocketts should begin
appearing shortly after I make my way to the egress ;)].

--
Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer