Re: [ga] Alt.Chair Replacement

PacificRoot Hostmaster wrote:

> I nominate JW

  Thank you Bradley, but I am not interested in a position that is not
presently being viewed as needed by in large.  I would also not be interested
in a non-paying position of this, and a few feel is an important one.  If, as
a few have argued (Eric in particular), than it should be a paid position.
Perhaps our fellow participant/colleague Eric, will prevail upon his
employer to garner some enfusion of funding?  I am sure that
Hi-tek.com would like to take the lead and also support Eric in
helping providing for GA funding.  Such a move might engender
others to pony up some additional $$ for the DNSO GA.

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> > Dear members,
> >
> > We have received the following query from the Names Council:
> >
> > Danny,
> > following the resignation of the alt chair, what action do you propose
> > taking? Will you be holding new elections or looking at the previous election
> > for the next person on the list?
> >
> > Philip Sheppard
> > NC Chair
> >
> > As the General Assembly's rules do not offer sufficient guidance in this
> > area, it is appropriate that the membership discuss this matter.  In essence,
> > do we promote Eric Dierker to the position of Alt. Chair, or do we convene
> > new elections?  Is there justification for the Chair to appoint a temporary
> > Alt. Chair until the elections are held (if we decide that elections are
> > warranted?)  Let me know your thoughts so that we can move forward
> > accordingly.  Thank you.
> >
> > --
> >

> Bradley D. Thornton
> Chief Technology Officer
> The PacificRoot/Joint Technologies Ltd.
> http://www.PacificRoot.com
> http://www.JointTech.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827