[ga] Inclusion/Outreach/Participation/Consensus

Participants,

The following quote can be found via Icann home page by clicking through
"participate in ICANN" or directly at;
http://www.icann.org/participate/  (my comments below, if you care)

"         Perhaps the best argument for getting involved in the ICANN
process is that it matters to the future of the Internet. The domain
name and IP address systems on which most Internet traffic now depends
have been remarkable technological success stories: the standards are
open and non-proprietary, and they have proven capable of supporting the
massive exponential growth of the Internet since the mid-1980s. Many
challenges now confront these systems, including fears about the
potential exhaustion of the IP address space and conflicts between
domain names and legally-defined trademark rights.

         By getting involved in the ICANN process, you can help
determine the future of the Internet's systems of unique identifiers. "

This or substantially similar language is what I found after Peter de
Blanc directed me there to learn more.  Because of this language I got
involved in the Wg-Review.  Of all of the insults the denial of allowing
participation is by far the gravest.  It is not ability to attract
participation that is the problem it is how we are treated when we try
to participate.

I hereby ask that we in the GA reach a consensus that in our GA we
believe that NewNet should be given membership in the BC.

Sincerely,
Eric