Re: [ga] Re: Recent BC Membership Decision

Jefsey, your church versus yacht club brought tears of ironic laughter
to my
eyes, it felt good after so many tears of sorrow and patriotism felt
here
lately. (of course we leave out tears over my 13 yr. old daughter -
yikes!)

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> <snippage major>
> As I said to Marilyn, Philip and Grant: we are all grown boys. We know
> what, why and how they make it. It is OK with me as long as they do not
> pretend that it is consensus. There are a lot of people in here who do not
> go by the jungle law.

And here Jefsey is a major failing of the GA attitude.  When we play
"ball" in
school yards with really good hoodlum basketball players we use jungle
ball
rules.  You call it when you foul someone, not when they foul you.
Anyone with
clout can play and cheat and be a prick.  The rules are defined by the
social
and economic status in the hood. (that is neighborhood which really is
defined
by the gang of hoodlums territory not neighbors)

That is what we have here, a hood where the BoD and other gang members
like
staff and Dyson and Roberts play ball but never call the foul upon
themselves.
But the Internet is mobile we can always play ball somewhere else.  But
that
may solve nothing.

In this atmosphere is where great men and women have risen above.  But
we must
start playing by Jungle Law rules and stop this marquis of kingsbury
crap.  We
are beginning to look like the disciplined soldiers standing in line as
we
march against armed men behind trees.

Eric