Morals (Re: [ga] Fwd: Noble Cause)

Oh, yes, let's hunt down all the small people who want to make some money
too on INFO. Only the Afilias CARTEL was approved by icann for making big $$
and scr*wing up things (from non responding servers to delays, data
[nameservers, rather relevant for WORKING domains) not updateble etc etc).
The whole sunrise was a fake from the start (and also a wrong idea in
itself, merely implemented to appease lawyers and organizations that protect
those who need no 'political' protection (read WIPO)).
It was known all over the internet that the trademarks were not going to be
checked by Afilias. Only if challenged by THIRD PARTIES (paying a fee) they
would be, by WIPO.
Now they seem to have changed their minds and go hunting themselves so they
can save their face and sell the same name again, big business?
Good luck to you in assiting them. Maybe they reward you by appointing you
as Afilias office manager in Goa, Calcutta or Jabulpur.

My daughter (8 in two weeks, please God) gave up attempts to chaneg rules
*during* a game about 9 months ago. Afilias is much younger of course.

In law this problem is called 'ex post facto' I think, but IANAL. I am sure
lawyers will be happy to assist both sides in the disputes to be expected.

This message is delibarately sarcastic.

Cees@Rindmarsch.ORG