RE: [ga] UDRP Task Force Questionnaire

You over-react to a mis-understanding. No one is accusing the task force of
distributing a virus. What is, in fact, being stated is that the
distribution, BECAUSE it is a DOC file, will be less than complete. That it
will not reach its intended audience. More and more sites re-route DOC file
attachment s to /dev/nul as a matter of course. As a matter of fact, it is
begining to become a real problem. SirCam and Nimda both create DOC files
and send them out as file attachments. Without special software, it is
impossible to know whether or not a DOC file contains a virus until it is
opened and activated. Once you have done that, there is no way to prevent
the infestation. Many sites take the security precaution of deleting ALL
attached DOC files. They also do this with EXE and COM files. Some are also
begining to do it with PDF files, as well.

This is not a subject of halarity, it is very sad. It is one of the things
damaging public trust in the Internet, as a whole. As a techie/marketer,
this makes my job very difficult. As a shareholder in an internet based
business, it causes deep concern.