[ga] Re: ICANN MdR meeting - Good process than comes good substanceto:[ga] icannworld.org

on 11/14/01 7:25 PM, Sotiris Sotiropoulos at sotiris@hermesnetwork.com
wrote:

> Kristy McKee wrote:
>
>> I have not listened/read through this weeks ICANN/DNSO meeting information
>> yet (I hope to have time over the holiday)... What I know of Esther I
>> assume she was making a joke.
>
> After A. Muellher's "procedural bullshit" comment, at
> 2:06:44 of the video archive of the Public Forum on At Large
> Participation on Monday, Nov 12, 2001, Esther Dyson says:
>
> "I would like to pit Jerry Berman's version of a restricted
> ICANN against Eric Dierker's and see what we come out with.
> I think that would actually be a useful discussion."
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos

*If* I was tempted to buy into any conspiracy theory at all about this,
(which I'm not), the first place I would look is the QUI TAM case that Eric
Dierker raised. This certainly seems to have some merits, and therefore
could have been leveraged for dotcommoner concessions in the At Large. More
likely, the ALSC just thinks Eric's peoposal to the BoD has merits worth
exploring. More power to you Eric. Well done. Please keep us informed of
developments.

Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices: DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA")
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)