[ga] Re: (ngtrans) Why not let the marketplace decide ?

At 03:39 AM 18/11/2001 -0600, Jim Fleming wrote:
>From: "Tom Lohdan" <ipv6@ihug.com.au>
> > Because it is yet again irrelevant to the transition stage. 3FFE is test
> > space if would care to read the assignment of IPv6 address space. The
> > 2002::/16 space has been assigned for the 6to4 scheme (RFC 3056)
>
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
>"If you have an IPv4 address that is part of the private address space
>(10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, or 192.168.0.0/16) or the
>Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA) address space of 169.254.0.0/16
>used by Windows 98 and Windows 2000, it is not globally
>routable. Otherwise, it is probably a public IP address and is globally
>routable."

Irrelevant, get use to this word Jim. IPv8 has nothing to do with the
transition from IPv4 to IPv6, it is your own personal push for something
that is unfounded.

It does not sound like you are connected to the global Internet,
>with your 3FFE IPv6 "test space". This sounds very similar to the
>issues with new Top Level Domains, that some say are not part
>of the Global Name Space. Instead of "test space", they are
>often referred to as "Proof-of-Concept".

As stated in RFC 3056 of the 3FFE address space, "It is not intended as a
permanent solution"

>For many people on the Internet, the Internet Architecture principles
>of "end-to-end" are important. In fact, ICANN, the IETF, and the
>IAB have worked closely together to make people aware of what
>it means to be "connected" to the real Internet. I assume that your
>"testing" in the 3FFE "test space", is simply that, a test and it does not
>have an impact on the "real Internet".

3FFE space is not production space, it could be removed at any time without
reason or cause. There are no guarantees of service for 3FFE space, what
this has to do with NGTRANS, is yet again irrelevant.

>As for the real Internet, the transition plan is to keep people
>connected and to allow them to migrate using the 2002:[IPv4]:0000
>hook that Microsoft added to Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Since when is Microsoft the Internet? irrelevant yet again to the
transition stage as Microsoft have no production or beta application's for
IPv6. They have an IPv6 stack, nothing more. Kinda like a car without an
engine.

>As we saw with Beta and VHS, the marketplace will decide.
>
>http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html

Funny enough, the messsage is from yourself. You seem to recite yourself
over an over. Irrelevant yet again to the transition stage

The NGTRANS list is about the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, not for your
personal push for everyone to adopt IPv8 addressing format.

You have made no collective wealth of information which actually means
something relevant to the transition stage of IPv4 to IPv6, all you have
are links to yourself, and search engines, not to mention the collective
links to .Biz information.

Tom

IPv6 News & Links
http://hs247.com