Re: [ga] RE: DNSO Constituency Structure

At 15:55 23/11/01 -0500, Sandy Harris wrote:

>Here you cannot tell who anyone represents. Some have credible claims
>based on elections, e.g. Karl, but those elections can certainly be
>criticised. Other claims are far more nebulous. Does Joop speak for
>domain name owners? Danny for dot commoners? Jeff for thousands of
>people? Others for their companies, or industries, or parts of the
>domain business?

Sandy,

You are quite right. None of these people, myself included, can make any
such claims credibly untill they can demonstrate a transparant structure
and a credible  process via which they have been elected or selected with a
mandate to speak.

In the meantime, we will have to judge what they say on the merits of the
arguments only.

--Joop