Re: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign

Joseph and all assembly members,

Joseph wrote:

> Hi GA,
>         Referring to the case of Unplugging of Somalia's Internet.
>
>         For the record only: I would like to indicate that although I am in support
> of unplugging all terrorists related sites and sites registered by
> terorrists and its related parties, I am concern that the action will become
> a precedence for the future in that, a nation can/will action the same
> against other nations' internet presence due to political differences.

  I agree that such COULD become a problem, but as yet it has not.
So until it does there is little to be concerned.  If states are contributing
or are sponsoring terrorism their Domain Names should be reviewed
and reported to the relevant authorities.  The FBI has a new
site up for reporting such concerns for further investigation.
See: http://www.ifccfbi.gov.  Our directors recently posted
a complaint to them regarding somalia, Iraq, and Lybia.

> Such
> activities will result in that the control of the Internet (which controls a
> part of the future social economy structure) being used as a politcal tool.

  All known forms to one degree or another are used as a political tool
presently in one fashion or another.  The INternet and specifically the DNS
is not exception and will not likely become one.

> regards,
> - Joseph

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827