RE: [ga] RE: DNSO Constituency Structure

Kent,

I didn't say task forces were inappropriate. I simply do not believe they
are sufficient at least as far as they have recently been designed.  Correct
me if I am wrong but I have never seen them produce the following to any
reasonable degree of completeness: "(3) a
>   written report and supporting materials (which must include all
>   substantive submissions to the Supporting Organization
> relating to the
>   proposal) that (i) documents the extent of agreement and
> disagreement
>   among impacted groups, (ii) documents the outreach process used to
>   seek to achieve adequate representation of the views of groups that
>   are likely to be impacted, and (iii) documents the nature and
>   intensity of reasoned support and opposition to the
> proposed policy."

Also, the fact remains that the working groups were not given any meaningful
guidelines with regard to what they should do so the evaluation by the NC
ended up being more subjective than objective.  To me, that is extremely
undesirable.  And that tells me that the NC did very little to manage the
consensus process.

Chuck