From: Joop Teernstra [mailto:terastra@terabytz.co.nz]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 12:32 PM
To: DannyYounger@cs.com
Cc: ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Consensus & Names Council Task Forces

At 14:55 25/11/01 -0500, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>In the three years that an individuals constituency has been discussed, has
>anyone even bothered to raise the necessary funds required for
participation?

For the record www.democracy.org.nz/idno/financial.hm

>   Of course not, that would imply responsibility and a true commitment to
>cause.

It does.

>  Perhaps we should just pretend that the $14,000 annual dues will
>magically appear or be graciously waived by the other constituencies that
>have conscienciously put their money up.

No pay, no play, eh?
This ticket price could be raised from the Markle Foundation that has a
program of promoting democratic decisionmaking in ICANN in place.
The pump of democracy needs to be primed first. ICANN is well aware of that.

When members see that they are actually being listened to in the new DNSO
structure, they know that they *are* getting something for a membership
fee: results.
<snip>

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.