Re: [ga] The Network Solutions contribution to international terror

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, at 15:55 [=GMT-0800], William S. Lovell wrote:

[...]
> The next question, of course, since the provision of internet
> services is one of the means of "supporting terrorism" that
> the FBI has specified, is not your assumed reseller and/or
> OLM.NET supporting terrorism? (This one happens to
> affect Israel instead of the U.S., but I'm sure U. S.
> examples could be found,

Are you calling for the shutdown of .MIL ?

> and I make no distinction when
> it comes to the slaughter of innocent civilians of another
> country -- it falls within the rubric of international terrorism.)

There are innocent people killed in Afghanistan, and not only by
terrorists.

Basically, 'terrorist' is a political concept as well as a moral one,
I think. Silencing their guns is good. Silencing their voices not, if
I may say so.

I do not think it is a good idea that the US is going to define what
sites are politically acceptable in the DNS.