Re: [ga] Elections

Jefsey and all assembly members,

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> On 03:05 10/12/01, Eric Dierker said:
> >I sometimes read into Jefseys' writing that he has an anarchist view
> >point toward ICANN.
> >
> >I ask him to deliberate on that point.
>
> 1. I want to thank Jeff for his nomination but I do not think I would
> professionally be able to afford the job. I merely spend time on the GA
> during program loadings or compilations. To take it as a real
> responsibility is out of my investment scheme, unless I would find a sponsor.

  I hope that you will reconsider or consider agreeing to at least run Jefsey.
I am also sure that Eric will be able to pick back up gathering sponsorship
for the GA in terms of funding.  This should include, as he pointed our
in a post yesterday (not subject), and I responded to, any and all the
funding that the DNSO GA and especially the next elected chair will
need.  GO Eric GO!

> [...]
> economy, people's health and common cultural deployment. Hence my demand
> that the ICANN considers its acts not to enlarge unwillingly the financial,
> lingual and digital divides, what I believe it really does without noticing
> it.
>
> For you to understand simply in simple words. On a star or on a meshed
> network the user station is considered as part of a tight or of a lose
> whole and therefore is controlled by others. Two systems you know well are
> used as models by the ICANN thinking: the XIXth century inherited legal
> system for Joe Sims and Louis Touton and the XXth telephone systems for
> many others.
>
> In a distributed system the boss is you. You control the system to see if
> it feet your needs and you use the services or the tools you want to do it.
> If we keep the image of mobiles : the mobile phones are a meshed network,
> the walkie-talkies are a distributed system. The difference is that in a
> real Internet architecture the ICANN is not the boss, it is the servant.
> For example its mission is to help you managing *your* root. For your own
> global private virtual network you shape the way you want with the
> connections you want and the banners you decide to accept.
>
> We could go very far in explaining how it works and pays. The only thing
> you have really to know is that it happens that the three components of our
> today Internet - the IP addresses, the TCP/IP protocol set and the DNS -
> are transparent to these philosophies of use. This means that stability and
> security do not depend on the ICANN - ICANN is a threat as long as it wants
> to be directive and is a help as soon as they accept to serve (Good Book
> says that if you want to be the boss you have to be the servant). Stability
> and security only depend on your own machine architecture which has nothing
> to do with IETF.
>
> If you want to keep going the Microsoft way and use Passport, whois, the
> USG root ... please do it.  You only subcontract these services. If you
> want to adopt a QuiEst approach, run your own root for your own global
> virtual private network you will forget about most of the ICANN except as
> being a convenient source of organized information you may want to use or
> event to contribute to, according to its published and equal to all ICP
> rules. You will even pay it for that service if you like it, the same as
> you do it today with McAffee or F-Prot to get a virus protection.
>
> Now, this long explanation being given, you see that the role of a Chair in
> a distributed environment is not to be a pusher as in a star network or a
> leader as in a meshed system (our world now is more and more distributed
> and the e-mail system is the best example of the force behind of this
> change: polylogue - as monologue goes with star network and dialogue with
> meshed systems). His role is to be a catalyst. And this is far more complex!

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827