From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Alexander
Svensson
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 5:44 PM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: [ga] FYI: European Union will study ICANN

According to Heise Online's Monika Ermert,
(http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/wst-11.12.01-000/)
the DG Information Society of the European Commission
(http://europa.eu.int/comm/dgs/information_society/
-- please don't comment on the site's design! *sigh*)
will commission a study on ICANN's work.

The invitation for tenders is to be published in
the Official Journal of the European Communities
(http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/en/oj/index.html)
in February, according to Richard Delmas (DG Infosoc).
The selection process for new TLDs will form part of
the study.

Best regards,
/// Alexander