RE: [ga] Alt.root'ers resorting to spam?

--> Congratulation for beeing your own ISP.

> derived from the ORSC and  there is a SHOP TLD there that is not the same as
> yours. That is the essence of the PITA. I know of four major root zone
> publishers, besides ROOT-SERVICE.NET (Owned by MHSC). Do you really think
> that NewNet, the new kid on the block, is the only player outside of ICANN?
--> I know: http://root-dns.org/VueDig/VueDig_tld.php?tld=shop&record=NS&submit=VueDig
If you are realistic New.net is the only player outside of ICANN who could challenge them.

> |>  The fragmentation, started by
> |> inconvenient. Rather than
> |> declaring it's own TLDs,
> |> fallout from
> |> --> Use the Nameslinger plug-in. With it you can surf all the roots!
> |> http://www.nameslinger.com/nmescket.ex
> Sorry, in this day and age of virii and trojans, I don't run executables
> that I don't know. All executables at MHSC is either compiled from sources,
> comes in as a CDROM, or is updated from a recognised vendor site, where we
> have a service agreement for a purchased product. Besides, it won't run on
> my Linux servers anyway. I also make it a practice to not encourage
> single-platform solutions. That is, until Bill Gates starts sending some
> cash my way<g>.
--> I can fully understand that.
Btw. if you would run only one windows pc you could download the NameSlinger plug-in here: http://www.nameslinger.com/dnsupgrade.html. But I think you would rather download it from pacificroot: http://www.pacificroot.com/updatedns.shtml
It's the same plug-in.

cheers,
simon