[ga] Out and In reach

Well over time I have figured what hurts GA progress and what helps it.

Here are a list of inputs that help if they are responded to properly;

Stupid Questions  - are there really any?
Requests for help  -  It is too bad but this usually is answered
offlist, but response is wonderful.
Attacks on the BoD and Staff  -  ;-(

What get Universally negative responses;

edicts by the Staff,
edicts by the BoD
edicts by a WIPO decision
spamming

Not that helpful because they are viciously responded to negatively by a
few;

Requests from our chair.
Requests from the NC
Requests from the BoD
Apparent violations of voting rules - which is quite interesting since
we are consensus based.

During a four month period I tallied what my humble mind saw as attacks
upon another.

Attacks against participating members seem to be 3 times that of against
outside groups or individuals.

Personal attacks cause more to not participate than any other reason
(fear of public writing aside)

I think it would be safe to say that personal attacks are at the
foundation of our inability to fund.  As Roeland and I have pointed out,
we can overcome the top-down problem and possibly even the efficacy
problem but not the distaste for the meanness.

I once told my son that if basic human courtesy had to be enforced in
any given social situation get the heck out of that situation - unless
you have a higher moral purpose for being there.  Well, do we?

Sincerely,
Eric