Re: [ga] Domain Transfers

Going from the problems from the registrars tug of war to the problems outlined
here and then down to the end user problems, it appears fairly obvious we have
at least three distinct layers in which to establish balanced protocol.  (if one
weren't so gun-shy from the efficacy, or lack thereof, of the UDRP, one may look
there for procedural answers or perhaps at least we can learn from it)

We also have what appear to be R2C, R2B2C, R2B, B2B and strictly B2C
complications.
R = Registrar
B = ISP or an equivalent middle man, or self providers.
C = registrant when it is the ultimate Consumer
2 = to  (as are used in B2B)

Priorities certainly lie in some order of Fairness, minimizing confusion and
thereby maximizing efficiency, and cost effectiveness.  Stability and Security
go without saying.

I think a lot of this we just have to give up to courts.  A B2C fraud or
bankruptcy is probably beyond our scope for example.

It would appear that we have formed an informal working group here, if we just
organized it better it would mean that we could lesson the importance of the
personality that went to the task force.

Sincerely,
Eric