Re: [ga] Domain Transfers

John and all assembly members,

John Berryhill wrote:

> > The problem begins at Company A - which doesn't have reliable
> > information on the customer, either.
>
> Incorrect, except for an extremely small number of cases.
>
> >think hotmail.com
>
> Think VISA.

  Exactly!  Or Mastercard, ect., ect.
I am continually amazed by the lack of how the present skewed system
works, that those that object can than know so little about and yet
feel they are too superior to allow for observers on the Transfer
TF.  Simply amazing!  And Disgusting!  :(

> Just how do you think Company A's customer paid for that domain name?  I
> don't care whether the customer has a hotmail email address, a Nevada
> corporation, a geocities website and a Swiss bank account.  Company A is the
> only clown at the circus who knows who bought the popcorn.
>
> And it is worth mentioning that the first step to the current hi-jacking
> scenario is to use a stolen credit card number to pull off the initial
> registrar transfer.  The object of the game is to delete the domain name
> registration before anyone can catch up with the unauthorized charge.
>
> Very simple fix.  Do not allow a deletion or another registrar transfer
> (yes, I've seen it done in more than one hop) within a sufficient reasonable
> time after an initial registrar transfer for the crows to come home to
> roost.
>
> But this particular exercise in "consensus building" has nothing to do with
> protecting domain name registrars, and much more to do with prying the cold
> dead fingers of NSI off of domain name transfers.  The end result is going
> to be easier transfers and more hi-jackings.  The agendas of the parties
> practically determine that result, so there is no need to get worked up
> about it.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827