[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] New TLD Evaluation TF Interim Report

YJ and all,

  We [INEGroup] will be responding to the questions posed in this
report in short order I would imagine.

  My personal comments thus far are mainly of a process nature.
It seems that no one form the DNSO GA or the At-Large
were invited or even allowed to have a representative on this
Task Force.  Hence it seems that without that input some of this
report is of questionable value.

YJ Park wrote:

> Dear Members,
>
> http://www.icann.org/committees/ntepptf/interim-report-03dec01.htm
>
> This report post update was notified by Alejandro on Dec. 4
> (thank him) and it has been noted that there have been few response
> to this report so far.
>
> As NCDNHC representatives together with Vany on this Task Force,
> I want to raise some issues which were a bit contentious among this
> group since this process is to get your comments or inputs before this
> TF reaches its final report.
>
> 1st issue. Should the following question be deleted from "process"
> area as decided by TF? It was almost difficult to measure its clear
> consensus among the group on this, though.
> ---------------
> [Deleted Question]
> 6. Has the Board or ICANN staff been made aware of any particular
> group that was allegedly excluded from submitting a proposal or
> whose proposal was principally rejected because of the group's
> particular socio, geo, or political affiliations?"
>
> 2nd issue. Who should be or could be a "Real" evaluator for this?
> Please, take into account that this TF is to provide some criteria to
> evaluate the introduced new TLDs.
>
> Looking forward to your comments on those issues....
>
> YJ

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827