[ga] Re: [GTLD Registries List] Lobbying efforts against funding for at-large outreach

Danny and all assembly members,

  We [INEGroup] have spoken out before and still maintain the same
position regarding funding for ICANN, irregardless of whom or what
constituency is responsible for what percentage of that funding.

  Currently as has also been one of several problem plagueging
the ICANN BoD and staff is their own lack of flexibility in
funding methods for the different constituencies as well
as proper and reasonable budget constraining by, and for
the ICANN BoD and staff itself.  Presently the travel
expenses for ICANN BoD and staff members is far more
than is needed and is usual in other industries of comparable
size in the commercial world.  Another part of the funding
method and model is that the ICANN BOD and staff restrict
the DNSO GA from funding itself, not to mention potentially acquiring
funding for other broader efforts by and through the restriction and
delay of the resurgence of the At-Large which would likely be a
very good source of gaining ICANN funding thereby balancing
the funding load on the Register, as well as the ccTLD Constituency's.

  But again of course these concerns and solutions have fallen on
deaf ears amongst a broad majority of the ICANN BoD, or they
are unable to grasp a broad range of funding methods and models.
In addition due the the very tarnished yet deserved poor reputation
of the ICANN BOD and staff, donations are not forthcoming.

  SO in conclusion to my response here as spokesman for INEGroup,
I must in part agree with Ken's complaint and concern.  It would
however be wise for the Registers to be more receptive of the
broad stakeholder's and participants rather than just the Register
constituency's special interest....

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com