Re: [ga] Some one finally gets it!

All assembly members, (You to WXW) >;)

  I am glad to see that Jeff Nueman of "Nuelevel" has finally come to
the conclusion of First come First Serve is the best overall policy for
domain name registration.  As most of you know, INEGroup
has advocated that policy for quite a number of years now.  It is good
to see that others, such as Jeff Nueman of "Nuelevel" have seen
the light.

  One [INEGroups] only remaining questions is, how will Nuelevel
make whole the perspective registrants that were not treated fairly
with Nuelevels much maligned "Lottery" system of registration?
And..
What punitive actions will the ICANN BoD and staff take in regards
to Nuelevels, now admitted bad lottery registration fiasco or will each
of those beleaguered lottery victims have to seek their own legal remedy?

William X Walsh wrote:

> The news is at:
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011217/wr/tech_domains_biz_dc_2.html
>
> Basically Neulevel is admiting its "lottery" plan was not very well
> thought out and is going to change its policy on those names, and run
> a new selection mechanism for the names in question in February.
>
> What I am most pleased to see is Neulevel's Jeffrey Neuman say the
> following:
>
> NeuLevel's Neuman said if he could do it all over again, he would set
> up a much simpler registration scheme, even if it resulted in a flood
> of applications
>
> ``Because there's so many creative solutions, those solutions become
> part of the problem. And the best way, the tested way, would be
> first-come, first-serve, that's what people are used to,'' Neuman
> said.
>
> Finally someone realizes that first come first served IS the most fair
> manner for domain registrants.  End of story.  Maybe we can eliminate
> any "sunrise" or "landrush" registration schemes in future tld roll
> outs now.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
> --
> Webcertificates.info
> SSL Certificates for resellers from $49ea

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827