Re: [ga] Some one finally gets it!

----- Original Message -----
From: "William X Walsh" <william@wxsoft.info>
To: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 12:41 AM
Subject: [ga] Some one finally gets it!

> The news is at:
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011217/wr/tech_domains_biz_dc_2.html
>
> Basically Neulevel is admiting its "lottery" plan was not very well
> thought out and is going to change its policy on those names, and run
> a new selection mechanism for the names in question in February.
>
> What I am most pleased to see is Neulevel's Jeffrey Neuman say the
> following:
>
> NeuLevel's Neuman said if he could do it all over again, he would set
> up a much simpler registration scheme, even if it resulted in a flood
> of applications
>
> ``Because there's so many creative solutions, those solutions become
> part of the problem. And the best way, the tested way, would be
> first-come, first-serve, that's what people are used to,'' Neuman
> said.
>

> Finally someone realizes that first come first served IS the most fair
> manner for domain registrants.  End of story.  Maybe we can eliminate
> any "sunrise" or "landrush" registration schemes in future tld roll
> outs now.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
> --

Both of the IPv4 .BIZ Proof-of-Concept Registries have long histories.
http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv4/Registry1
http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv4/Registry2
The 2002 IPv8 .BIZ Registries will likely emerge from these experiments.

Jim Fleming
Why Gamble on a .BIZ Lottery? Start a Real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
0:212 - BIZ World