[ga] RE: [ALSC-Forum] Re: [GTLD Registries List] What is the accreditation status of registrars that made fake applications?

> ICANN should stipulate
> that trademarks only apply on COM NET and BIZ, and
> reserve the rest,
> particularly the INFO, for first come, first served.

I have talked to Lawyers which represent Verisign AKA
Network Solutions. I was told that buisness clients
complain all the time about being advised to buy up
EVERY domain in every TLD for every trademark they
own.

Bruces suggestion in a very good one in my oppinion
because in some form it is inevitable.

Here is why; I think that ICANN will either do  it
volunterally or the US congress will step in - perhaps
as the result of a high profile Supreme Court case.
Consider these senarios.

a) Some time in the near future, many more TLDs  are
introduced, pressure from the atLarge and millions of
individual domain owners will be successfull in
lobbying ICANN for TM free TLDS

Reason for non TM and TM requirements - Market
saturation

b)   Some time in the near future, many more TLDs  are
introduced, Laws from congress passed due to the
pressure of millions of individual domain owners will
then be successfull.

Reason for non TM and TM requirements - Legal
intervention including new laws.

Conclusion: it is inevitable that there will be both
TM and non TM requirements in TLDs.

ICANN build the framework now,
while you have the choice how.

Daryl Tempesta