Re: [ga] subscription to the full

Tuesday, Tuesday, April 02, 2002, 6:41:45 AM, eric wrote:

> Can someone explain why there is a subscription to the ga-full

> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/listsdnso.html

> Those who do not accept the General Assembly list rules may subscribe to
> majordomo@dnso.org with the words subscribe ga-full in the body of the
> message.

The subscription is so that you can receive the postings to ga-full.

> Yet anyone can write to it and then they receive the mail.  This is

Yes, anyone can write to it, but only those subscribed to it receive
the mail.

There is no misconfiguration, only your own simpleton mind which is
having a hard time understanding it.

It has always been this way.

The ga-full list was created because of the few bleeding hears who
cried out that the GA rules were "censorship."  So they had a
completely "uncensored" place to play, where people who have been
banned from the GA list, and anyone else, can go and post to their
hearts delight.

For example, Eric, this email is going to go to ga-full only, not the
GA list.  Because the address it is sent from is not subscribed to the
ga list (and it is not subscribed to the ga-full list).  I will still
get a copy of it because I have an archiver which is subscribed to the
ga-full under a different email address.

This has been explained to you as simply and directly as possible,
what exactly do you not understand?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>