Re: [ga] ICANN Reform: New Proposal for At-Large elections

Danny and all assembly members,

  The ICANN BoD has gone back and forth on this issue.  Yes
the ICANN BoD has expressed allot of things.  Some valid and
many not valid.  This is one in the category of "Not Valid".  Global
electronic elections are held quite often.  The ICANN BOD
know this.  It is just that many of the ICANN BoD cannot
or will not recognize it.  That's evidence that they are either
incompetent or so out of touch as to be nearly helpless...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> The Board has expressed concerns about the validity, fairness,
> representativeness, affordability and practicality of global online
> elections.
>
> An alternative to global online elections:
>
> 1.  I take it as axiomatic that those who participate in ICANN activities
> constitute a well-defined and informed electorate.  ICANN Supporting
> Organizations have membership rosters.  We are also aware of the names and
> email addresses of everyone that has participated in ICANN plenary sessions,
> working groups, task forces, committees and forums over the course of the
> last four years.   This small identifiable group of informed participants (at
> most a few thousand) constitutes the immediate body that represents the
> greater At-Large.
>
> 2.  Emails may be sent to all such current and former ICANN participants with
> the request that they identify themselves as part of a specific geographic
> region and provide their current address.
>
> 3.  A list of voters for each region is thereby established, and from such a
> list candidates will emerge for each region.
>
> 4.  Paper ballots are mailed to the physical addresses of the voters.
>
> 5.  This approach is affordable, practical, sufficiently representative,
> fair, and avoids the potential for fraud and/or capture.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827