Re: [ga] Gomes on WLS, the NC and Constituencies

Danny, Thomas and all assembly members,

  I believe that the GA has already been through the exercise at hand her,
namely the WLS proposal.  All we are waiting no on is a Ballot
so that the DNSO GA members can vote on this...  Balls is your court
Thomas...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> In the WLS document "VGRS Response to General Counsel's Analysis of VGRS's
> Request for Amendment to Registry Agreement", Chuck Gomes raises some
> interesting issues:
>
> <<The DNSO is supposed to deal with substantive policy as related to the DNS.
> Even if the WLS involved substantive policy (VGRS believes it does not), an
> argument could be made that the Names Council has failed to fulfill its role
> of managing the consensus process but has rather tried to become the
> consensus making body itself. Moreover, if substantial decisions are going to
> be based on NC recommendations, and if that is done because the NC is
> supposed to be representative of most affected stakeholders, then there
> should be an effort to validate whether or not the DNSO constituencies
> actually do represent the constituencies they claim to represent. If they do
> not, then it becomes a very flawed approach to let the NC significantly
> influence decisions, policy or otherwise.>>
>
> http://www.icann.org/minutes/response-vgrs-wls-21apr02.htm
>
> The recent Board resolutions on WLS may be found at
> http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-22apr02.htm

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827